Shelter Me is an inspiring series that celebrates the human-animal bond with uplifting stories about shelter pets.
Shelter Me tells hopeful stories such as war veterans with PTSD that begin healing after being paired up with shelter dogs; inmates that learn empathy and responsibility by training shelter dogs to become service animals; shelter dogs that become police K9s; stories about cat and rabbit adoptions; and the incredible work country music icon Emmylou Harris is doing to help homeless pets and at-risk youth in Nashville.
We believe that change comes from inspiration. Please visit your local animal shelter to learn all the ways you can get involved to help more pets get loving homes.
- Let's Hear It For The Dogs - Celebrating National Dog Day
- 24 Chihuahuas Rescued From Filthy House Are Being Spoiled By Shelter Workers, As They Get Ready For New Homes
- Shelter Dog Rescued By Firefighters To Receive Final Gift
- Great New Massachusetts Law Lets Good Samaritans Bust Dogs Out Of Hot Cars
- Officer Fosters Shelter Dog in Memory of His K9 Partner