Shelter Me is an inspiring series that celebrates the human-animal bond with uplifting stories about shelter pets.
Shelter Me tells hopeful stories such as war veterans with PTSD that begin healing after being paired up with shelter dogs; inmates that learn empathy and responsibility by training shelter dogs to become service animals; shelter dogs that become police K9s; stories about cat and rabbit adoptions; and the incredible work country music icon Emmylou Harris is doing to help homeless pets and at-risk youth in Nashville.
We believe that change comes from inspiration. Please visit your local animal shelter to learn all the ways you can get involved to help more pets get loving homes.
- The Model Pet Project is Boosting Adoptions at Humane Society of Southwest Missouri
- New Florida 'Animal Friend' Spay And Neuter License Plate Revealed
- As Montreal Votes To Ban Pit Bulls, A Rescue Group Works To Get At-Risk Dogs To Safety
- Making Chicago Safer for Dogs and Humans: Safe Humane Chicago
- Couple Incorporates Rescue Puppies Into Their Wedding