Shelter Me is an inspiring series that celebrates the human-animal bond with uplifting stories about shelter pets.
Shelter Me tells hopeful stories such as war veterans with PTSD that begin healing after being paired up with shelter dogs; inmates that learn empathy and responsibility by training shelter dogs to become service animals; shelter dogs that become police K9s; stories about cat and rabbit adoptions; and the incredible work country music icon Emmylou Harris is doing to help homeless pets and at-risk youth in Nashville.
We believe that change comes from inspiration. Please visit your local animal shelter to learn all the ways you can get involved to help more pets get loving homes.
- You Know How It's Great When People Read To Shelter Dogs? You Can Do It With Cats, Too!
- Surf Dog Gives Disabled Children An Unforgettable Day
- This Beautiful Mural Has An Important Message: Montreal Should NOT Ban Pit Bulls
- Dog Surrendered In Domestic Situation Has Unexpected And Tear-Filled Reunion
- Puppuccino Pals, A Campaign To Promote Shelter Adoptions