Shelter Me is an inspiring series that celebrates the human-animal bond with uplifting stories about shelter pets.
Shelter Me tells hopeful stories such as war veterans with PTSD that begin healing after being paired up with shelter dogs; inmates that learn empathy and responsibility by training shelter dogs to become service animals; shelter dogs that become police K9s; stories about cat and rabbit adoptions; and the incredible work country music icon Emmylou Harris is doing to help homeless pets and at-risk youth in Nashville.
We believe that change comes from inspiration. Please visit your local animal shelter to learn all the ways you can get involved to help more pets get loving homes.
- Cat Yoga Classes Are A Big Hit At This Cage-Free Shelter
- Homeless Woman, Living In Car, Sacrifices Greatly For Her Beloved Dog
- Thirteen U.S. Explosive Detection Dogs Land In Texas After Serving Their Country Overseas
- 156 Dogs Seized And 10 Men Arrested In Huge Dog-Fighting Bust
- Puppy Who Was Thrown In Trash Has Become A Therapy Dog