The Wonderful World of Disney just got a lot more wonderful thanks to a pilot program allowing dogs to accompany their families to certain Disney World resort hotels. As of October 15, four resort properties opened their doors to well-behaved, four-legged guests.
The list of participating hotels, including the per room pet-cleaning rate is:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort $75/night
- Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort $50/night
According to a release from Disney, there is a limit of two dogs per guest room, and each pet-friendly room with have “easy access” to outdoor pet walkways which lead to green spaces created for dog exercise and “pet relief.”
Guests with pet allergies (or people who just don’t want to stay near dogs) need not worry – certain floors (or sections) of the hotels will be designated as dog-friendly, while other portions will remain “canine-free.”
Guests traveling with their canine family members will be treated to special pet perks, including:
- At check-in, Pluto’s Welcome Kit includes mat, bowls, a pet ID tag, courtesy plastic disposable bags, puppy pads and dog walking maps. Also included: a Pluto “Do Not Disturb” door hanger indicating to hotel staff that a pet is in the room.
- Disney enjoys a partnership with Best Friends Pet Care, an on-property full-service facility that can provide assistance with pet daycare and other pet services (fees apply).
- Pet merchandise is coming soon to participating resorts.
- While there are no in-room services available at this time, Best Friends Pet Care does provide services like doggie day care at its nearby facility on Disney property.
The participating pet-friendly resort hotels do require all visiting dogs to remain leashed in public areas and to be current on their vaccinations…and, as previously mentioned, the vacationing pups need to be well-behaved.
For more information about the new dog-friendly trial program, including other restrictions and policies, guests may contact 407-W-DISNEY. DVC Members should contact Member Services at 800-800-9800.
(Images via Pixabay)